There are a number of considerations to keep in mind when you ponder plastic surgery. Indiana patients of Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Joseph Fata are quite often worried about a recovery timetable and how long they can expect to be away from the office after a procedure.
This question comes up quite frequently when patients are considering a tummy tuck, which is a fairly extensive surgical procedure. You might be worried about time away from work or your family and social commitments.
At Renaissance Plastic Surgery, the health and well-being of our Indiana patients is our number one concern. We’ll give you detailed recovery instructions and make sure you have all the resources you need to recover quickly and safely. If you’re considering a tummy tuck or other plastic surgery, please call Renaissance Plastic Surgery today at 317-565-1009.
What You Can Expect After Your Tummy Tuck
Every patient is unique, and so is every recovery process. The exact day you’ll be able to return to work and your normal schedule will be determined by factors that are impossible to predict before your procedure.
However, most of Dr. Fata’s patients who undergo a tummy tuck experience a recovery schedule along these lines:
- You’ll want to take it easy for a couple days after your procedure. Some light walking is a good idea, as it stimulates blood flow and eases healing, but spend most of your time resting and relaxing. Let others take care of any domestic duties you might have.
- There will be some swelling and discomfort in these first few days. Our Indiana plastic surgeon might address the former with a compression garment and prescribe painkillers for the latter.
- Depending on your job, you should be able to return to work within one to two weeks of your procedure. If you have a job that requires strenuous physical activity, you’ll have to wait a while longer.
- After a couple weeks you can gradually begin returning to your exercise schedule. But keep it light at first, and lay off the weights for a while.
- Six weeks is the point where most of our patients are able to resume a full, active, pre-surgery schedule.
At all points during your recovery you can rely on Dr. Fata and his dedicated staff. We’ll arrange a schedule for you to visit Renaissance Plastic Surgery after your procedure for check-ups and status updates. And if you experience any complications, we’re here for you.
We’ll answer all of your tummy tuck questions both before and after the procedure is complete. If you live in Indiana, are considering plastic surgery and need an experienced Board certified plastic surgeon, please contact Renaissance Plastic Surgery by calling 317-565-1009 today or filling out our online form.