Posted: September 15, 2012
If you are unhappy with your large breasts, you may be a candidate for breast reduction. If you are seeking cosmetic breast reduction, you may be unhappy with the appearance of your breasts because you feel they make you:
- Look older
- Look heavier
- Draw unwanted attention
On the other hand, you may want breast reduction because of medical symptoms, including:
- Pain in the neck, shoulders, or back
- Spine deformation
- Severe impact of bra straps, including pain and ulceration
If you have and can document these symptoms, then your health insurance may cover all or part of the cost of breast reduction.
In order to be able to have the surgery, you should:
- Be at or near your ideal weight
- Not be taking medications that may impact your recovery or risk of complications
- Understand the procedure’s risks, benefits, and likely outcome
During your consultation, Dr. Joseph Fata will evaluate your health and make recommendations about whether breast reduction is right for you.
To learn more about breast reduction and whether you can benefit, please contact Renaissance Plastic Surgery today for a consultation at our office in Indianapolis, Indiana.