Good candidates for liposuction should be:
- In generally good health
- Within reach of his or her goal weight
- Prepared for a surgical operation
- Able to take time off from work and other obligations to recover
- Willing to follow pre and postoperative directions
While liposuction will remove some weight, it is a body contouring technique, not a safe or effective method of weight loss. Overweight men and women can still have liposuction, but the results will not be as profound as those that can be achieved by people who are closer to a healthy BMI.
Types of Liposuction
Dr. Fata offers two different types of liposuction to our Indianapolis patients:
- Tumescent Liposuction
- Ultrasonic Liposuction
With the tumescent technique, medical fluids and anesthesia are injected into the treatment area to help ensure more complete fat removal while protecting patient comfort and safety. In most cases, Dr. Fata combines the “Super Wet” tumescent technique with ultrasonic liposuction, a method that uses ultrasound to destroy fat deposits, making them easier for removal.
This combination of ultrasonic and tumescent liposuction techniques helps reduce risks and improve results for our patients, but even this advanced approach may not be suitable for every body type. The best way to learn if liposuction is the right solution for your body is through a one-on-one consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon. Call 317-575-9152 to schedule a consultation and learn more.
Quiz: Is Liposuction the Best Body Contouring Treatment for Me?
Other Body Contouring Options
Liposuction is one of the most popular body contouring options, but it is not always 100% effective at sculpting and toning the frame on its own. When necessary or useful, Dr. Fata will discuss services that can be combined with liposuction to further define and highlight the natural curves and form of your body’s landscape. These may include:
- Tummy tuck surgery. Also known as abdominoplasty, this procedure is used to remove excess skin and fat from the belly. It can also be used to tighten muscles that have been separated due to pregnancy or weight gain
- Lift techniques. Arm lift, thigh lift, and other body lift techniques can be used to remove excess skin and fat from various parts of the body, helping to restore a slimmer and healthier-looking appearance
- Combination procedures. Post weight loss procedures may include lift, tuck, and liposuction treatments. Mommy makeover combines body, breast, and facial services to address those areas of the body most impacted by motherhood
Liposuction is designed to remove pockets of fat that do not respond to diet and exercise. It cannot eliminate excess skin, reduce stretch marks, minimize cellulite, or result in significant weight loss. During your initial consultation, Dr. Fata will assess your problem areas and discuss all of the options that may be useful in helping you reach your goals.
Call Renaissance Plastic Surgery at 317-575-9152 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Fata. Located in Indianapolis, our board-certified plastic surgeon provides liposuction to women and men living in Carmel, Noblesville, and all surrounding areas of Indiana.