Abdominoplasty has rapidly become one of the most sought-after cosmetic procedures in Indianapolis and nationwide.
Consider the annual statistics compiled by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This research makes it clear that more and more people just like you are opting for abdominoplasty, which is more commonly known as the "tummy tuck."
According to the 2014 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
- More than 117,000 tummy tucks were performed in the United States in 2015, compared to just 62,713 in 2000. That’s an increase of 87 percent!
- Abdominoplasty is the sixth most commonly performed cosmetic procedures in the United States, after breast augmentation, nose reshaping, liposuction, eyelid surgery, and facelift.
- Although female patients greatly outnumber male patients, nearly 5,000 men received a tummy tuck in 2015.
And tummy tucks are popular among all age groups. Among 2014 abdominoplasty patients,
- 9 percent were aged 20 to 29
- 36 percent were aged 30 to 39
- 41 percent were aged 40 to 54
- 14 percent were age of 55 or older
Clearly, Americans are increasingly turning to the tummy tuck to help them achieve the youthful, vital appearance they desire. To schedule an appointment with our Indianapolis abdominoplasty surgeon, please contact Renaissance Plastic Surgery today at 317-575-9152.