Posted: October 5, 2015
Anyone who is shopping for a cosmetic plastic surgeon in Indianapolis, Indiana or anywhere nationwide is well-advised to go with a surgeon who maintains certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgeons such as Dr. Joseph Fata.
Because even though many doctors, and even some specialists who are not doctors, perform cosmetic procedures, only an ABPS Board-Certified doctors have the following qualifications behind them including:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school
- The completion of at least six years of surgical training after medical school
- A minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training
- The mastery of comprehensive oral and written exams
- The completion each year of continuing medical education with an emphasis on patient safety
- Performing all surgeries in accredited, state-licensed surgical facilities
What’s more, ABPS Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons like Dr. Fata must abide by a strict code of ethics that requires their work and skills to, “benefit humanity by advancing the art and science of plastic and reconstructive surgery…”
So, for the best possible plastic surgery results in Indiana or anywhere nationwide, always opt for a doctor with ABPS Board Certification like Dr. Fata at Renaissance Plastic Surgery in Indianapolis, Indiana. You can contact our practice online or call our offices directly to schedule your Indianapolis plastic surgery consultation: 317-575-9152.