Are you a woman living in Indianapolis or surrounding areas of Indiana who has been contemplating breast augmentation surgery? You’re not alone, and you're in the right place.
At Renaissance Plastic Surgery, board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Joseph Fata, and his caring, knowledgeable staff specialize in breast augmentation surgery. We are here to answer any breast augmentation questions you may have – from what size implants are best-suited to your body to what type of postoperative physical activity will be appropriate for you – to help you understand if this procedure is ideally suited to meet your needs.
To schedule your breast augmentation consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Joseph Fata, please call Renaissance Plastic Surgery at 317-565-1009 today. Located in Indianapolis, Dr. Fata welcomes women from Noblesville, Carmel, and all surrounding communities.
- Breast Augmentation Candidates
- Breast Augmentation Surgery Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Breast Augmentation Safety
- The Cost of Breast Augmentation
- Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Contact Renaissance Plastic Surgery
Am I a Good Breast Augmentation Candidate?
Breast augmentation is a procedure during which breast implants are used to enhance the appearance of the bust. With breast augmentation. Dr. Fata can address:
- Breasts that are too small for your frame
- Asymmetrical breasts
- Inadequate cleavage
- Poor breast projection
Breast augmentation can produce a fuller, more womanly appearance while also enhancing the profile of the chest, improving visible cleavage, and producing a look that is complementary to your natural curves. If you are unhappy with the shape, size, projection, or symmetry of your breasts, you may be the ideal breast augmentation candidates.
Additional considerations for candidacy include:
- Your emotional and physical health
- Your willingness to cease all nicotine consumption
- Your ability to temporarily discontinue certain medications and supplements
- What you expect your results to look like
Dr. Fata strives to provide each of our patients with the most natural-looking results while keeping consistent with patient desires. It is important that you understand the benefits and limitations of breast augmentation prior to committing to the procedure to ensure your expectations are not beyond the scope of the procedure.
Dr. Fata will take time to listen to you and fully understand your concerns and wants. Working directly with you, he will guide you towards the breast augmentation options that will be best for the results you desire.
Personalizing Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
One of the most important choices you’ll make prior to breast augmentation will be the type of breast implant you want to have placed. Dr. Fata offers both saline and silicone breast implants. Which one is best for your needs depends on several factors. Things to keep in mind include:
- Saline Breast Implants are filled with a salt water solution after they have been placed. This allows Dr. Fata to make a smaller incision for their placement. Saline implants may be more prone to aesthetic imperfections when placed above the muscles in the chest
- Silicone breast implants are filled before placement and will require a larger incision. Silicone implants more closely mimic natural breast tissue in look and feel and are less likely to ripple, wrinkle, or deflate
In addition to breast implant type, Dr. Fata can personalize your breast augmentation procedure by altering:
- Incision location. Many women worry about scarring from their breast augmentation surgery, but the reality is that unsatisfactory scars are very uncommon after breast augmentation. Dr. Fata places the incision in the natural crease of the breast fold. He believes that this approach gives the best access to formation of the proper size and shape of the surgical "pocket" for the implant, which is the key to getting the best and most natural result.
The scar will be hidden once the implant settles in and rounds out the lower portion of your breast. Other options, including periareolar (around the nipple) and transaxillary (through the armpit) can be used if one of these incisions will produce better results
- Breast implant placement: Dr. Fata will place the implant under the main chest wall muscle (submuscular approach). This placement provides better support for the implants, reduces the chance of capsular contracture, and makes future mammograms easier.
When indicated, Dr. Fata will use a "dual plane" approach, in which only the lowest portion of the implant is not covered by muscle. This technique allows the implant to better fill out the lower breast in cases where the breast skin is sagging below the breast fold. Once he has completed a full assessment, he will explain which of these techniques he believes will work the best for you.
Although still used by some surgeons, subglandular implant placement provides less support for the implant, and has a higher incidence of complications. Dr. Fata does not offer subglandular breast implant placement
- Breast Implant shape: The gold standard for breast shape has always been the round implant, which is the softest available implant. This implant is round when you lie down but shifts into a more "tear drop" shape when you are upright, much the same way that a natural breast changes shape with changing positions.
In the past few years, a new implant design has become available to women: the "shaped" or "form stable" implant, more commonly known as the "Tear Drop" or "Gummy Bear" implant. This implant is slightly firmer and does not change shape with changes in position. It is a good option in women with mild degrees of sagging who want to avoid a breast lift and women who have an abnormal flattening of the lower breast.
Dr. Fata will recommend the type of implant that will best suit your individual needs.
During your initial consultation at our Indianapolis office, Dr. Fata will cover all of your options and, based on your anatomy and stated desires, guide you towards those options that will best meet your needs.
Recovering from Breast Augmentation
Today's women are busy and active. That's why Dr. Fata originated the 24-Hour Breast Surgery Recovery Program, which accommodates women who must resume their normal professional or parenting commitments by the second day after surgery. This is a great option for most patients — as long as they avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise for two weeks or until the Dr. Fata has cleared them for this level of activity.
After your breast augmentation surgery, you will be discharged wearing a comfortable, natural cotton bra. You should trade out this bra for a soft, elastic sports bra within 24 hours of your surgery.
In order to assist with your healing and the proper positioning of your breast implants, Dr. Fata asks that you wear your post-surgical bra “24/7” for four weeks.
Dr. Fata will want to see you for at least one, but probably two follow-up visits in the immediate weeks following your surgery. We ask that you visit us for a check-up at two, six, and twelve months after your Indianapolis breast augmentation to allow us to check how you are healing. These follow-up visits are included in the cost of breast augmentation at Renaissance Plastic Surgery.
Final results from your breast augmentation procedure may take six or more weeks to become fully apparent. Once finalized, however, your results should last for several years.
Is Breast Augmentation Safe?
There are risks associated with any medical procedure, but hundreds of thousands of women undergo breast augmentation surgery each year. The procedure is commonplace for Dr. Fata, who has an excellent safety record.
Dr. Fata is a seasoned physician who has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) for years. He also is a member of:
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- The Indiana State Medical Association
- The Indianapolis Medical Society
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Fata is on staff at both St. Vincent Hospital and the Carmel Ambulatory Surgery Center. These accredited surgical facilities offer the latest in amenities, technology, and safety protocols and are staffed by highly trained medical professionals who work alongside Dr. Fata to protect your health and safety. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the surgical facilities we use during your initial consultation.
Some patients may need to consider implant revision surgery in the years following breast implant placement. The two main reasons patients may need surgery are a leaking or ruptured implant, or a hardening of the scar tissue capsule around the implant, which is known as “capsular contracture.” Our breast implant suppliers offer warranties to cover most of the costs of treating these problems, however, thanks to improvements in breast implant technology, complications are extremely rare.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Surgery Cost?
No two women or breast augmentation procedures are the same, which means the cost of this surgery from one patient to the next will vary. For instance, a breast augmentation with silicone implants tends to be more expensive because these implants now come with a lifetime warranty as opposed to the 10-year warranty for saline implants.
That said, most breast augmentation surgeries cost between $4,900 for saline implants and $5,700 for silicone implants.
At Renaissance Plastic Surgery, the price we quote you for a breast augmentation surgery includes:
- The surgeon's fee
- The anesthesiologist's fee
- The surgery center fee
- All follow-up care
Once you have paid for your breast augmentation procedure, you will not be hit with additional fees or charged for any services. Excluding, of course, additional plastic surgery procedures.
We strongly believe that the cost of breast augmentation should not be a deterrent to achieving your goals. We have partnered with Key Bank, a trusted Indianapolis bank, to provide financing for breast augmentation to well-qualified patients. During your initial consultation, we can discuss financing in greater detail if it is an option that you find appealing.
Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
Your consultation is one of the most important steps in your breast augmentation journey. Dr. Fata believes that a productive patient consultation will accomplish two things:
- You will gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of breast augmentation surgery
- You will determine exactly which size breast implant is best for achieving your physical goals
Your consultation will be particularly productive if you come in prepared. To do this, you should:
- Arrange your priorities. Decide on what’s important to you. For example, are you more concerned with size or an attractive shape? Is incision location important?
- Do your research. It’s good to come to your breast augmentation consultation with a solid understanding of the procedure
- Bring visual aids that represent what you’re looking to achieve with a breast augmentation. Bra cup size can be misleading, but it’s a good start. You can bring pictures of women your height and build whose breasts you find attractive. And if you’ve lost breast volume or shape and want a restoration, you can bring photos of yourself from a time when you were happy with the appearance of your breasts
This private and confidential consultation is not a commitment, though a majority of women decide to go ahead with the procedure. If you decide against breast augmentation, however, there will be no pressure or gimmicks used to try and change your mind. We respect prospective, current, and previous patients alike and take strides to ensure our approach is neither pushy nor coercive. That said, we strongly encourage you to only schedule a consultation when you are ready to take the next step.
Most patients return to our office a second time before surgery for the preoperative appointment. If you plan to travel a long distance to Indianapolis, we can accommodate you by combining these two visits into one consultation.
At the preoperative appointment, which is usually scheduled less than one month before your surgery, you can expect to:
- Receive a detailed handbook about preparing for breast augmentation surgery
- Review the doctor’s surgical technique
- Select your breast implant size, which is a unique and personal decision
- Receive prescriptions
- Ask all of your questions about breast augmentation surgery
Please write any questions you have down and bring them with you to these appointments to make sure you are receiving all of the information you feel you need. You can, of course, call us at any time before or after your procedure if questions or concerns arise.
You are our priority. Your safety. Your comfort. Your overall satisfaction. We will work directly with you from your initial visit through your complete recovery to ensure the most pleasing experience.
If you live in Indianapolis or a nearby area and are considering breast augmentation, please contact Renaissance Plastic Surgery by calling 317-565-1009 today to schedule your initial consultation. Our board-certified plastic surgeon and experienced and thoughtful staff are here to answer your questions and provide you with the resources and support you need to make the breast augmentation decisions that are best for your body.